NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATION
Mid-Delta Community Services, Inc. complies with all civil rights provisions of federal statues and related authorities that prohibit discrimination in programs and activities receiving federal financial assistance. Therefore, the Mid-Delta Community Services, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, age, national origin, religion or disability, in the admission, access to and treatment in the Mid-Delta Community Services, Inc. programs and activities, as well as the Mid-Delta Community Services, Inc. hiring or employment practices.
Complaints of alleged discrimination and inquiries regarding the Mid-Delta Services, Inc. nondiscrimination and inquiries regarding the Mid-Delta Community Services, Inc. nondiscrimination policies may be directed to:
Elaine Canady, ADA Consultant
Mid-Delta Community Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 745
Helena, AR 72342
Phone: (870) 338-6406
Free language for Limited English Proficient individuals
is available upon request
This notice is available from the ADA/504/Title VI
Coordinator in large print, on audiotape and in Braille.
MID-DELTA COMMUNITY SERVICES, INC.
HOW TO USE THE ARKANSAS RELAY SERVICE
Making a call using the relay service:
1. Dial the voice phone number: 1-800-285-1121 or 711.
2. A Communications Assistant (CA) will answer.
3. Tell the CA that you want to place a TDD call to (person's name) and give the phone number.
4. The CA then uses a TDD to contact that person.
5. The CA acts as an interpreter to relay what both parties say.
6. The CA will let you know when connection has been made.
7. Talk in your normal speaking voice (you may want to slow down a little but not too much). Try to imagine you
are actually typing yourself and use TDD abbreviations and descriptions of emotions.
8. When you are finished speaking say "GA" for "Go Ahead". This lets the CA know that you have completed
what you are saying and it is their turn to speak/type.
9. Think of the CA as an interpreter, who is there only to relay your conversation. Talk directly to the person you
called, do not say "Tell him or her ......".
Receiving a call from a person using a TDD through the Relay Service:
When you answer the phone, the CA will explain that you have a relay call from (person's name). Just begin talking to the person as you normally would. E.g., "Hello, this is (your name), GA" and continue as outlined in the TDD instructions.
What if I don't understand how to use the Relay Service? At the beginning of the Relay call (whether you are placing the call or receiving the call), you may ask the Communications Assistant to assist you in how to use this service.
Mid-Delta Community Services, Inc. uses the “Arkansas Relay Service” to communicate with deaf or hearing impaired people.
Arkansas Relay Service Voice:
1-800-285-1121 or Dial: 711
Customer Service Number:
This service enables us to have a
telephone conversation with a person
who cannot use a standard
telephone due to a hearing
or speech impairment.
Refer to our instructions to learn how to use this valuable service to communicate with family and friends who are hearing impaired.